Do you have a story of how God led you through ministry based depression, burnout, or church conflict?
Your story may be a big help to others who are struggling. We’d love to share your story with the Church. We will accept stories from pastors, pastor’s spouses, pastor’s kids, and church members. Here are the guidelines.
- Write and edit your story to be clear and concise (3000 words or less).
- Include a short author bio (see the sample bio at the bottom of this page). Be sure to include URLs for your website or workplace in parenthesis. I’ll add the links into the text after testing them.
- Be sure to attach a small picture of yourself (headshot preferred).
- In your email please include this statement – I, (your full legal name here), give The Pastor’s Soul full rights to edit and use this content for the purposes of their ministry.
- Send your story as an attachment (MS Word or PDF compatible file) to the email address below, replacing the words in parenthesis with symbols.
The Pastor’s Soul will only use stories that fit with our mission. You will not be paid for your story. All submissions are final.
Sample author bio below:
Sean Nemecek, (M.Div. Grand Rapids Theological Seminary) is the director of The Pastor’s Soul, and pastor at First Baptist Church in Tustin, Michigan since 2001. A third-generation pastor, he grew up listening to pastors and their families talk about the realities of ministry. Now he wants to use this knowledge to bless the church. Sean is married to Amy, a poet and freelance book editor. Together, they have a 17-year-old son.